Merry Christmas! Well, four days early anyway, but I have no intention of being online on Christmas so I thought I’d better say it now.
A friend of mine started me on this whole yearly goals thingy a while ago and I’ve found that it works wonderfully. So! Let’s see how I did last year …
1) Submit Deviation to TOR. — I did this. It was scary, but I did it anyway. They sent me a very polite rejection letter, but at least I had the guts to send it out, you know?
2) Record Deviation in preparation for releasing it as a free podiobook. — Uh … yeah. I didn’t do this. I didn’t even come close to trying to do this.
3) Complete Dead Magic. — Totally did this. Dead Magic was finished just a couple weeks ago. It is DONE! My Alpha readers have it and the publisher wants it by March 1st.
4) Take a huge bite out of Usurper. — I actually did this too. It’s in the last half of the book now.
5) Kick my schoolwork in the batoosh every semester. — Ahem … I managed to do this too, thank you very much. Because if there’s one thing I am Miss Awesomepants with, it’s school stuff.
6) Climb 3 Mountains — … Well … you see … my whole State sorta caught fire over the summer. I literally couldn’t climb any mountains because I might have been turned to cinders if I’d tried. I did manage to go up in the Spring, so I climbed a whole one mountain. But in the words of Gandalf the Grey; “A single solitary peak” was still a peak. (Alas, no Thorin Oakenshield was there to greet me, but, hey, you can’t have it all.)
And that’s it. That’s my end of the year review. Writing-wise and School-wise, I did pretty darn good. And since the world didn’t end today like everyone had planned, I’m looking forward to another productive year in 2013.